- About Us
Online banking refers to any banking transaction that can be conducted over the internet, generally through a bank’s website under a private profile, and with a desktop or laptop computer. These transactions include services traditionally offered at local branches without having to go to one. Online banking is generally defined as having the following characteristics:
- Financial transactions are conducted over the internet through a bank’s secure website.
- The bank may have physical branch locations or it may exist only online.
- The user must register with the financial institution online and create a login ID and password.
Customers can perform financial transactions while banking online, like paying bills or transferring money from one account to another. Other basic activities include:
- Viewing account balances at any time of day
- Viewing or printing statements
- Viewing images of checks
- Applying for loans or credit cards
In essence, a customer can do almost any activity online that he or she would be able to do in person when visiting a branch.