- About Us
The Universal Banker is responsible for establishing, retaining, and deepening customer relationships by performing efficient and accurate banking transactions; and opening and closing accounts in support of Bank goals and objectives. The Universal Banker identifies customer needs for bank products and services; and reports directly to the Branch Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately opens and closes accounts in accordance to operating controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer assets
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the new accounts system database to manage and maintain customer account information
- Performs duties for entry/exit for safe deposit box customers, and opens & closes safe deposit boxes by following safe deposit box policies & procedures
- Assists customers with telephone inquiries to provide solutions to their banking needs
- Assists customers with routine account-related requests; researches and resolves account service inquiries/issues; and responds to client inquiries promptly, effectively, and professionally
- Performs teller responsibilities in accordance with the Teller job description
- Utilizes marketing techniques to build relationships by actively cross selling and marketing new and existing products and services to current and potential customers
- Assists with efforts to identify and implement a positive overall customer experience
- Contributes towards fostering teamwork within the department
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED equivalent, and a minimum of 2 year experience performing teller responsibilities, and a minimum of 1 year experience performing as a bank customer service representative or similar capacity.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, ability to bend, squat, and kneel on occasion, ability to lift 30 lbs. consistently, have the ability to prioritize, analyze and resolve problems, and possess strong time management and organizational skills.
Solid understanding of banking principles and regulations, proficiency in Microsoft Office products, intermediate proficiency in Bank core processing systems, math aptitude, strong written and oral presentation skills, must have the ability to handle high pressure situations while maintaining composure, attention to detail is critical.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.