- About Us
Switch to Better Banks
You Deserve Better!
It's a Great Time to Switch to Better Banks!
Other banks come and go but Better Banks is here to stay. We are a stable, employee-owned community bank. We've been around since 1898 and aren't going anywhere. As a community bank, we support our local economy by providing loans to the neighborhoods where we live and work, helping to keep our communities vibrant and growing!
When you switch to Better Banks, you become part of the family. And now, when you open a new Better Interest Checking Account, you'll receive up to $200* deposited into your new account. But hurry, this offer ends soon!
Switch to Better Banks and learn what it means to Bank Better.
Our Better Interest Checking Account offers:
- 2.00% APY1 on balances up to $10,000
- $20 in Nationwide ATM fee refunds2
- No minimum balance3 and no monthly service fees
- Access to online banking, free bill pay and mobile deposit
- Friendly, knowledgeable, professional staff!!
Bank better with Better Banks!
*You will receive a $100 credit to your new account within 15 days of opening your new personal checking account. To qualify for the additional $100 the account must receive at least 2 payroll direct deposits. The $100 credit will be posted within 60 days of second direct deposit. We may report value of any premium to the IRS. Limit one per household. Offer expires on March 31, 2020.
1. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of November 20, 2019. Minimum to open account is $100. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.00% APY applies to balances of $.01 - $10,000 and .25% APY applies to balances over $10,000 as long as qualifications are met each statement cycle. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.00% - .25% APY as long as qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. 2. ATM fee refunds up to $20 per cycle when qualifications are met. If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account and earn interest at the non-qualifying rate; however, it will not receive ATM refunds. Qualifications are as follows: 1) Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and settle per qualification cycle, 2) Receive eStatements each qualification cycle, and 3) Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and settle per qualification cycle. 3. No minimum balance required. No monthly service charge. Available to personal accounts only, only one account per social security number. Certain restrictions may apply.