- About Us
Spring Fever Contest Official Rules
You Could Win $500!
1. NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST, NOR DO YOU NEED TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT BETTER BANKS. UTILIZING ANY OTHER BANK SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. How to Enter: If you open a new checking account between April 1st and June 30, 2021 and enroll in eStatements at the time of account opening and have at least 1 payroll direct deposit posted within the time period, you will be automatically entered in the contest. You do not need to fill out any additional forms, nor will any additional forms be sent to you. If you are not a customer of the bank and desire to enter the Spring Fever Contest, print your name, address, telephone number on a “4×6” card and mail the card to Spring Fever Contest, Marketing Dept., Better Banks, 10225 N. Knoxville, Peoria, IL 61615. Limit one entry per household. Your entry must be postmarked and received prior to the contest end date. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Illegible entry materials will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for all third-party imposed costs and fees, including the cost of postage. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Participants agree not to hold Better Banks, their partners, their employees and/or their affiliates responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage due or illegible entry materials.
3. Grand Prizes: Better Banks will randomly select one winner from all qualified entries received during the contest period. Prize drawing will occur 45 days after the contest time period to allow qualification from all participants. The randomly-selected winner will have $500 deposited into their new checking account. Better Banks reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Grand prize become unavailable for any reason. Better Banks reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the contest and/or the redemption of the Grand Prizes. All decisions are final and binding. Neither Better Banks, nor its employees, partners, and affiliates, are responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. Winner must claim prize within 30 days of drawing.
4. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based upon the number of new accounts opened and qualified during the time period. Based upon Better Banks’s estimate of 200 entries, the odds of winning are: 1 in 200.
5. Contest Period: The contest period runs from 12:01am Central time on April 1, 2021 until 11: 59pm Central time on June 30, 2021.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible for the contest, you must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older and must not be considered a minor in your state of residence at the time of entry. Contest void where prohibited by law. Employees of Better Banks, officials and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the contest. The account held by the winner must be in "good standing" at the time of the drawing with no overdrafts and no NSFs on the account between the time of accounting opening and the drawing. Any winning customer entry will be deemed to have been made by the individual named on the Better Banks account on file.
7. Winner Selection: The Grand Prize winner will be selected by Better Banks. All decisions of Better Banks will be final. The Winner need not be present and will be notified by phone and/or mail. The Grand Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable. Prize must be claimed within 30 days of drawing.
8. Liability I General Rules: Better Banks is not responsible for any loss that may occur in connection with the contest. The Winner agrees to hold Better Banks harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Contest or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. Better Banks and each of its officers, directors, employees, customers and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or the Winner arising from, or in connection with acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in the Contest. Better Banks is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest. Furthermore, if there is any suspected evidence of tampering, hacking or interference with equipment or programming associated with the Contest beyond the control of Better Banks and their partners which corrupts or impairs the administration, security or fairness of the Contest, Better Banks reserves the right to disqualify any entrant deemed responsible for such corruption, suspend and/or terminate the Contest and select a Winner from the entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension. If the Contest is terminated prior to the promotional period, notice will be posted on the Better Banks website or any other media used to promote the Contest. For a listing of Contest Winner or a set of these Contest Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winner List and Rules, Spring Fever Contest, Marketing Dept., Better Banks, 10225 N. Knoxville, Peoria, IL 61615. The Grand Prizes cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned or transferred by the Winner.
9. Tax Issues: Better Banks will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winner is responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prize(s).
10. Consent to Publicity and Release: By accepting a prize, Winner consents to permit Better Banks to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Better Banks materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All entrants agree to release and hold harmless Better Banks, its partners, employees, agents, representatives and affiliated companies of any and all claims of any kind arising directly or indirectly from this Contest, any Contest Prize or from any publicity about the Contest.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Better Banks in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Illinois, USA, without regard to choice of law rule.