- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Senior Technology Analyst
Knoxville Branch - Peoria
Our holding company, Backlund Investment Co. is seeking a Senior Technology Analyst. The Senior Technology Analyst is responsible for managing various aspects of the data center including the Windows servers, VMware virtual environment, LAN/WAN, and disaster recovery in a secure and highly available environment. The Senior Technology Analyst reports directly to the IT Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the VMware virtual infrastructure including hosts, network, storage, and guest Windows servers
- Conducts VMware host and guest upgrades, migrations, and new implementations following budget guidelines and timelines
- Manages the virtual infrastructure disaster recovery planning and testing
- Implement technologies in accordance with cyber security best practices and bank security policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots and monitors Wide area network issues related to latency, routing, and voice issues in a Cisco environment
- Administers and supports Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS
- Provides second level support of end users as needed
- Communicates effectively with bank staff on various projects to ensure alignment with technology standards
- Stays abreast of developments in information technology and makes recommendations to the IT Manager for improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in information technology or computer science; and a minimum of 5 years of experience in information technology.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit/stand/kneel/bend/for extended periods of time, developed interpersonal skills , ability to work under high pressure and remain composed, strong communication skills – both oral and written, ability to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion, attention to detail is critical as well as organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
Problem solving/reasoning/analysis, technical skills, analysis and interpretation of complex data process systems – Deep understanding of Active Directory, Cisco networking, Cyber Security, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Enterprise Backup and Restoration, Software Packaging & Deployment, System Monitoring & Inventory Technologies, TCP/IP, and VMware virtualization.
Backlund Investment Company is the holding company of Better Banks, Glasford Bank, State Street Bank and Trust Company, Investment Strategists at Better Banks and CFC Insurance. The company's holdings are financial institutions that provide a variety of personal and business banking products and services. The banks personal banking products include free and interest-bearing checking accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, mortgages, home equity loans, automobile loans, credit cards and installment loans. The companies commercial banking products include checking accounts, loans and credit card services. In addition, the banks offer online banking, direct deposit, check cards, night depository, money orders, savings bonds, notary services, safe deposit boxes, wire transfers and travelers checks. Backlund Investment Company is headquartered in Peoria Heights, IL.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.