- About Us
Senior Operations Specialist
Knoxville Branch - Peoria
Our holding company, Backlund Investment Co. is seeking a Senior Operations Specialists. Under general supervision, the Senior Operations Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely processing of ACH origination, operational aspects of the core processing software (Jack Henry), providing support to the banks, and associated financial applications. The Senior Operations Specialist is responsible for daily and monthly operational tasks that require a high level of accuracy and detail. This position is directly supervised by the Cashier.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ACH origination activity to ensure all files are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with banks staff and customers to manage and respond to ACH questions and issues.
- Perform a variety of operational functions including processing ACH files, incoming/outgoing cash letters, NSF checks and ACH returns, ACH payroll, ACH loan payments, and wires for the banks.
- Create and maintain electronic forms using JotForms.
- Process ICS/Promontory files
- Payroll processing for business customers
- Performs as subject matter expert for Jack Henry system
- Provides financial and transaction reporting for systems such as Bill Pay, telephone banking, loan payments, and teller activity.
- Update core data for CD rates, prime rates, and savings bonds.
- Provides updates to reporting agencies such as the State of Illinois and Credit Bureau’s
- Provides reports to management as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A minimum of 6 years banking experience, and 3 years of ACH, Bank operations, and core administration experience in an environment requiring attention to detail and accuracy. EG: Bookkeeping, cashier, operations, etc.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit/stand/kneel/bend for extended periods of time. Developed interpersonal abilities, ability to work under high pressure while remaining composed. Strong communication skills – both oral and written, with attention to detail, is critical. Organization, prioritization, and time management skills are needed, as is an ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Jack Henry experience preferred, proficiency in MS Office, problem solving/reasoning/analysis, familiarity with banking/bookkeeping, ACH and merchant posting files.
Backlund Investment Company is the holding company of Better Banks, Glasford Bank, State Street Bank and Trust Company, Investment Strategists at Better Banks and CFC Insurance. The company's holdings are financial institutions that provide a variety of personal and business banking products and services. The banks personal banking products include free and interest-bearing checking accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, mortgages, home equity loans, automobile loans, credit cards and installment loans. The companies commercial banking products include checking accounts, loans and credit card services. In addition, the banks offer online banking, direct deposit, check cards, night depository, money orders, savings bonds, notary services, safe deposit boxes, wire transfers and travelers checks. Backlund Investment Company is headquartered in Peoria Heights, IL.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.