- About Us
A Better Way to Send and Receive Money
Send money in seconds with our Person-to-Person Payments transfer service.
Have you ever needed to pay a friend back for lunch? We’ve made it fast, simple and secure with our Person-to-Person Payment (P2P). You can send money from your checking account without exchanging checks, cash or account numbers.
Our P2P feature gives you the option to make payments to individuals through bill pay electronically to anyone using your smartphone, tablet or computer. Send money to your kids, relatives or friends with just a few clicks ‑ no more checks or cash.
P2P payments are a digital cash alternative that make sending and receiving money as easy as emailing and texting. Whether it’s paying allowance, splitting the check, or sending a birthday gift, P2P payments allow you to quickly transfer money from your existing debit account to almost anybody else’s.
Once you’ve enrolled in Online Banking and Bill Pay, you can get started and be able to transfer money to other people using just an email address or mobile phone number. The other person does not need to be a customer of Better Banks and their bank information will remain confidential.
It’s fast, safe and free.
How does it work?
- Log in to Online or Mobile Banking and select bill pay, then create a new payee.
- Select payee type as person, select payment method email, text message or direct deposit.
- Email or Text message – Recipient provides routing and account number
- Direct deposit – You will enter recipient’s routing and account number
- For email and text – Create a keyword password, they will use this password when accessing our secure website to submit account information. Share the keyword with the recipient right away.
- The recipient receives a notification with the payment details and enters the keyword and their bank account information to collect the money.
- No registration or app download is required to receive the funds.
Start using P2P today and make sending and requesting money easier!