- About Us
Part-Time Teller / Courier
The Morton branch is looking for a part-time teller/courier to work flexible hours, 20-25 hours a week, with 1-2 Saturdays per month. The hours are approximately 2-3 days as courier, and 1-2 days performing teller duties. The ideal candidate will be friendly, excel in a team environment, and have excellent time management skills. They must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
The part-time Teller performs efficient and accurate banking transactions; identifies customer needs for bank products & services; and provides new products & services opportunities to the customer based on the customer’s financial objectives. The Courier is responsible for the safe and efficient load, pick-up, and delivery of documents, packages, and other items, between Better Banks branch locations. The courier is also responsible for ensuring the company vehicle is cleaned & maintained, and for notifying senior management of needed mechanical service. The part-time Teller is directly supervised by the Branch Manager.
Teller Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, and other banking transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures while maintaining an acceptable record in daily drawer balancing
- Demonstrates knowledge of and understanding of the teller platform system
- Researches and resolves account service inquiries/ issues; responds to customer inquiries promptly and effectively; and serves as a customer liaison between departments as necessary
- Learns & maintains knowledge of new and existing products and services to proactively build client relationships by effectively educating them on available products and services and referring what best meet their needs
- Assists with the balancing and maintaining of cash totals in the branch vault and ATM
- Assists customers with telephone inquiries to provide solutions to their banking needs
- Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Assists by driving efforts in the branch to identify and implement a positive overall customer experience
- Contributes towards fostering teamwork within the department
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Courier Duties & Responsibilities
- Sorts, loads and unloads packages, documents, and other items from the company courier car
- Provides safe, efficient pick-up and delivery of documents, packages, and other items between branch locations, following a rigid daily route schedule
- Delivers documents/packages to USPS to be mailed
- Delivers Bank loan department documents to County Title, in Bartonville, IL, as needed
- Maintains the company courier car by monitoring fluid levels, tire pressure, wear & tear on tires, scratches and dents, warning lights, et; and notifies senior management of any concerns for needed mechanical service
- Ensures company courier vehicle has ½ tank gas at end of each day
- Provides friendly customer service to the branch employees
Education & Work Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED equivalent & 6 months cumulative work experience in a role of similar scope and responsibility required; must possess valid driver’s license of the type required by Law to operate applicable Vehicles and transport applicable deliverables, and must have a clear driving record
Mental & Physical Requirements
Must be prepared to drive and work in all weather conditions, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, must be able to sit for extended periods of time – bend & kneel on occasion.
Money handling experience is desired. Requires strong oral & written communication, customer service, and problem solving skills; and basic computer skills. Attention to detail is critical. Organizational & time management skills are required, reliable, trustworthy, ability to be on a rigid schedule & meet strict deadlines, friendly disposition, be able to communicate effectively, perform work responsibilities requiring cooperation & instruction.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.