- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Adams Street Branch - Bartonville
The part time Teller performs efficient and accurate banking transactions; identifies customer needs for bank products & services; and provides new products & services opportunities to the customer based on the customer’s financial objectives. The part time Teller is directly supervised by the Branch Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes deposits, withdrawals, and other banking transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures while maintaining an acceptable record in daily drawer balancing
- Demonstrates knowledge of and understanding of the teller platform system
- Researches and resolves account service inquiries/ issues; responds to customer inquiries promptly and effectively; and serves as a customer liaison between departments as necessary
- Learns & maintains knowledge of new and existing products and services to proactively build client relationships by effectively educating them on available products and services and referring what best meet their needs
- Assists with the balancing and maintaining of cash totals in the branch vault and ATM
- Assists customers with telephone inquiries to provide solutions to their banking needs
- Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Assists by driving efforts in the branch to identify and implement a positive overall customer experience
- Contributes towards fostering teamwork within the department
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED equivalent & 6 months cumulative work experience in a role of similar scope and responsibility required.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, occasional bending, kneeling, squatting. Ability to lift 5 lbs consistently and 30 lbs occasionally.
Money handling experience is desired. Requires strong oral & written communication, customer service, and problem solving skills; and basic computer skills. Attention to detail is critical.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.