- About Us
Adams Street Branch - Bartonville
The Loan Processor is responsible for receiving and processing new loan submissions and supporting the loan processing team in whatever capacity necessary. The Loan processor is responsible for providing daily administrative support to the Lender; including ordering required documents necessary to process loans, documentation preparation, maintaining the loan files, and coordinating the closing of the loan within a specified time frame when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with loan document preparation with a focus on timeliness.
- Handles internal and external customer inquiries, questions and/or concerns in a professional, timely manner.
- Orders required documents (such as titles & appraisals, loan disclosures, obtains payoffs & releases, credit reports, required certificates and insurance) necessary to complete the loan file.
- Previews loan files for completeness, accuracy and ensures they are within compliance standards. Assists with verifying loans are accurately booked to the system per loan documentation.
- Processes loan files for closing and/or mails adverse action notices to borrowers as requested by Lenders.
- Maintaining loan files and necessary updates including imaging.
- Ensures documentations are maintained by performing file maintenance.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports to management as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of 2 years’ experience in loan processing, preferably in commercial lending, is preferred.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, ability to prioritize, demonstrate ability to analyze and resolve problems, possess strong time management skills. Ability to work within a team environment and be willing to assist team members as needed.
Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office products, proficiency with LaserPro is preferred but not required, strong oral and written communication skills is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.