- About Us
The Consumer Lender is primarily responsible for performing consumer lending functions in support of Bank goals and objectives to reach maximum Bank profitability while maintaining customer confidence by keeping information confidential. The Consumer Lender will also be responsible to back up and assist the operations function as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs lending functions ie: receives, evaluates, approves and/or denies loan applications in accordance with policies & procedures, and legal & regulatory compliance
- Resolves incomplete loan application forms quickly & professionally
- Proactively follows up with delinquent account holders, collects on past due loans (including repossessions) following bank lending protocol
- Utilizes marketing techniques to build relationships by actively cross selling and marketing new and existing products and services to current and potential customers
- Handles customer inquiries and concerns professionally & promptly
- Opens, closes bank facility, and secures vaults in accordance with bank policies and procedures, and legal and regulatory compliance
- Performs teller responsibilities in accordance with the Teller job description, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by senior management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in economics, finance, or related field; & a minimum of 1year consumer lending and/or deposit experience is preferred. A minimum of 2 years customer service experience is required.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend and kneel on occasion; developed interpersonal skills, ability to maintain composure while under pressure, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, time management, and the ability to solve problems is critical in this position.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products, customer service and presentation skills are critical, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, attention to detail, time management, ability to prioritize, and organization skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.