- About Us
The Consumer Lender is responsible for supporting the Bank’s lending goals and objectives through its lending functions. The Consumer Lender will be responsible for driving marketing efforts to build positive relationships and loan portfolios with potential and existing auto dealerships and consumer customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives, evaluates, approves and/or denies loan applications
- Performs consumer lending functions in accordance with lending policies and procedures; and legal and regulatory compliance
- Utilizes marketing techniques to maintain & build relationships with potential and existing auto dealerships and consumer customers
- Proactively follows up with delinquent account holders
- Collects on past due loans, including repossessions, following Bank loan standard operating procedures
- Handles incomplete loan forms and resolves issues quickly and professionally
- Provides customer service following the Bank’s ALWAYS value system; and proactively resolves customer inquiries and concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in economics, finance, or related field; AND a minimum of 2 years consumer lending experience; collections handling and working with dealership loans is preferred.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend and kneel on occasion; developed interpersonal skills, ability to maintain composure while under pressure, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, time management, and the ability to solve problems is critical in this position.
Basic principles of banking, proficiency in Microsoft Office products and bank lending software systems is required. Strong customer service and presentation skills, negotiating skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.