- About Us
Bartonville - Garfield Ave
The Branch Manager is directly responsible for the daily activities of the branch; and for supervising the retail branch employees. The Branch Manager ensures the success of the branch by providing excellent banking services for its customers; and for promoting the profitability and productivity of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and supervises the daily activities of the branch and retail staff (i.e sales, security, service, and grounds maintenance)
- Hires, trains, manages, and motivates staff in an effort to maintain optimal branch and customer needs; and ensures employees are maximizing opportunities to sell bank products and services
- Builds and maintains new and existing customer relationships and promotes the bank within the community
- Improve revenue and reduce expenses to grow the business while updating and communicating with management
- Performs as a teller on an as needed basis
- Generate referrals to other bank staff and business partners
- Actively identify, coach, develop, and support employees so they can provide superior service to our customers
- Perform operational functions such as opening and closing accounts, wire transfers, safe deposit boxes
- Perform Lending functions that include consumer loans in accordance with policies and procedures and legal and regulatory compliance
- Ensure the branch team complies with policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements
- Mentor, develop, and motivate staff while creating a positive work environment that will enable employees to do their best
- Performs other duties as assigned my management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in Management, business administration or related field is preferred.
3-5 years management/supervisor experience in the banking industry is required.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit/stand/kneel/bend/for extended periods of time, lift up to 20 lbs consistently, critical and creative thinking, ethical framework, ability to operate a variety of office equipment (i.e computer, telephone, copy/fax machine) Organization, prioritization, and time management skills are necessary.
Sufficient knowledge in banking, proficiency in Microsoft Office products, leadership management and coaching, communication, customer service, presentation skills, attention to detail, results driven, problem solving/analysis, ability to multi task under high pressure environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Better Banks offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.